Proven ways to get rid of bloat
Abdominal bloating is one of my biggest struggles. I’m guessing it’s one of yours too or you wouldn’t be here.
Over the years I’ve collected a series of remedies that help with the bloat and a few things that have wasted my time. I’m here to share the quick tips and other things I’ve learned about dealing with belly bloat. Let’s jump in.
2 Tips to Relieve Bloating Fast
My #1 tip for quickly getting rid of bloat is my morning concoction. Warm water, Apple cider vinegar, Lemon juice (I love using lemon essential oil from Doterra!), and Cinnamon.
You read about these things but do they work? This one does. I promise! I plug my nose and drink it down in the morning with breakfast and it truly helps with my bloat quickly, but also I notice that if I’m consistent it effectively keeps the bloat minimal.
My #2 tip is using yoga and stretching for stress relief.
When I’m stressed I get really bloated. I find that belly breathing, stretching, and a good yoga flow paired with breathing really helps debloat my stomach!
Why does my stomach look pregnant?
What causes bloating in the stomach? The important thing about bloating is to find the root cause. All of the quick remedies in the world will mean nothing if you can’t get to the bottom of your bloat problem.
Food sensitivities are a very common reason for bloat! Some common sensitivities are:
- Many fruits
There can be other sensitivities and it is important to know if you have one or more of these! Doing an Elimination Diet is the best way to figure out if you have a sensitivity.
You will need to be educated on how to do an elimination diet and you will need support to work through it. Here is a great resource to help you get to the bottom of your bloating symptoms!
Another root cause of bloat is poor gut health. Gut health is a hot topic right now but not all of us know how to support a healthy gut. In addition to discovering food sensitivities, I LOVE Doterra’s gut health protocol. Check out their supplements and oils that support a healthy gut to get rid of your bloating symptoms!
If you are interested more in Essential oils and supplements for gut health please comment or send me a message, I’d love to help!
What are Bloating Symptoms
Sometimes we feel fat, but really we are just really bloated. It is important to understand the symptoms of bloat and to realize it isn’t that you gained 5 pounds of fat overnight, you are probably just bloated.
When bloated you may…
- Look pregnant
- Feel extra full
- Have a Stomach ache
- Feel uncomfortable
How to Relieve Bloating
Once you’ve discovered the underlying cause of your bloat problems, it can be helpful to have some bloating remedies for when you get occasional bloat from eating the wrong things or from stress.
Drink more water
- Add a shot of apple cider vinegar
- Add Lemon essential oil or fresh lemons
Eat more Vegetables
- Sautee them if you don’t like them raw
Get regular bowel movements
- Use supplements like magnesium
- Drink Kombucha
- Related Post: 11 Stress Relief Tools for Fat Loss
- Belly breathing (Learn how on my Youtube channel)
- Yoga/stretching (Related Post: 10 Easy Yoga Poses for Stress and Anxiety)
Eat out less
- All the fats, salt, and grease increase bloat!
- You can’t control what’s in your food!
Track your cycle
- Hormone changes throughout the month can cause bloat at certain times and you will see a certain pattern once you track for a few months. I don’t just bloat during my period, I bloat during other parts of my cycle and before I started tracking my cycle I had no idea that there was a cycle to my bloat! It also brought to light some unhealthy things going on with my hormones!
- Tracking can help you see if you may have some hormone problems so you can work on getting hormonally healthy.
Avoid triggering foods
- Fake sugars cause many people to bloat!
- Processed foods are full of sodium.
- Sugar can cause bloat or blood sugar problems which can, in turn, cause bloat or much worse problems.
- Related Post: How to Eat Healthy When You Don’t Want to
How Do You Stop Bloating
Improving your Gut Health is your top priority!
- Take a reliable and high-quality Probiotic!
- Take a Digestive Enzyme
- Utilize Pure and high-quality Essential oils
- Vitamins for micronutrients
- Be sure to eat plenty of veggies, cook them into things if you have to!
- Do an Elimination Diet to get to the root of the problem!
- Look into your Hormone Health
- Relieve stress
- Lift weights!
If you are new to strength training, check out my post ALL about how to strength train! In this post, I’ve tried to answer ALL of your questions. If you have more questions just comment on this or that post and I’ll be sure to respond!
You can also grab my FREE Beginner Strength Training Program for Women right here! I’ve designed this program to be simple so that you don’t feel overwhelmed. I have YouTube tutorials for every single movement and a printable PDF for you to edit and fill in as you go!
Have you found success with getting rid of bloat?! Comment below and let me know!